Youth Photographic Society Bengaluru (YPS) is pleased to announce the results for the
YPS International Digital Salon 2017 under recognitions from FIAP, PSA and FIP. The Salon was closed for participation
at the midnght of July 27th, GMT time. The judging of the Salon pictures was held on July 29th & 30th in an Open Judging Event
organized by YPS at JP Nagar Cultural Association, Bengaluru, India.
The International Salon held after a gap of nearly 12 years had many firsts for YPS.
- This is the first International "Digital" Salon for YPS.
- This is the first time YPS accepted pictures in 1920x1200 pixel high resolution for judging. Projected in 100% resolution on an
Epson Full HD projector, the juries could see all the details required to choose the best ones.
- This is the first time YPS used its home-grown Judging software on an International Salon to make a fair and quick selection
of the finalists. Continuing the tradition of YPS, the judging was open to observers and nearly 50 persons participated.
The observers could see live display of images with scores as they are being scored by the judges. They could listen
the conversation between judges during finalization of pictures.
- This is the first time, the entrants could pay on-line using multiple payment options in Indian Rupees as well as in US Dollars.
The results were published on the day after the judging on July 31st as against the planned date of August 8th. YPS is pleased with
the outcome of the Salon. Here are some statistics to relish.
- Number Entrants who have uploaded pictures is 281. We also had 24 women photographers among them.
- Number of countries participating is 23. 20% of the Entrants were from outside India. The largest overseas participation
was from China.
- Number of pictures uploaded is 2821.
- Young and Experienced entrants participated in the Salon with age ranging from 17 to 84. The average age of participants in 46.
The maximum number of Entrants were in the age range of 31 to 40 years. Four entrants were less than 20 years in age. YPS is
encouraged by participation at a young age. There were 2 entrants older than 80 years. YPS appreciates the undying spirit
- 72 Awards and 621 acceptances were provided for pictures covering 24.5% of the overall pictures submitted. After India, the highest
number of wins went to China followed by Hong Kong, Russia, UK, Singapore, USA and Taiwan. Every one of the 23 countries that
participated had won either an Award or Acceptance. 203 of the 281 entrants either won an Award or Acceptance. 8 Entrants had 10+ Awards/Acceptances.
30 entrants had between 5 and 9 Awards/Acceptances. The Women Photographers walked away with 9 awards and 78 acceptances.
- The FIAP Blue Pin for the Best Entrant went to Mr. Arnaldo Paulo Che from Hong Kong S.A.R. The fact that of the 16 pictures submitted,
8 won Awards and 4 more won Acceptances, puts Mr. Arnaldo Paulo Che way ahead of others. YPS Congratulates Mr. Arnaldo Paulo Che
for this remarkable participation. His award details can be found under OVERALL AWARDS on the Results Page.
- The Best Participating Club is Shutter Bugs Creative Forum from Dubai. With 14 entrants, 3 Awards and 59 acceptances, the Club stands
tall among others. YPS thanks Shutter Bugs Creative Forum for participating in the Salon and congratulates all the members.
Award Summary for Pictures
YPS once again congratulates ALL the entrants and winners. We look forward to see you participate again in our next Salon.
The Award-Winning images will be on display for the public at the Salon Exhibition. A Digital Catalog will also be made available on the Website for download.