General Terms and Conditions
- The Contest is open to all photographers, whether amateurs or professionals or tourists, from anywhere in the world, except Members of the Jury.Salon chairmen, persons closely involved in the organisation of the salon and persons in charge of the handling of the salon software are not allowed to participate in the salon.
- An entry may be rejected when Youth Photographic Society, or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions.
- The Categories for the Contest and associated Definitions, Terms and conditions can be found below.
- There is a maximum limit of 4 photographs per section. This number will be enforced.An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging for that section.
- Each Photographer can participate only once and submit only one set of photographs. Please do not login under different emails and submit pictures under each email.
- Photographs should be in JPEG format in correct orientation. Images will be presented to the jury using XGA resolution projection equipment at 100% resolution. To comply with this requirement the photographs uploaded should be resized not to exceed 1920 pixels on the breadth and 1200 pixels on the height. Maximum file size allowed is 4 MB.
- Prize winning pictures will be printed and put on display at the Exhibition. For this purpose, the authors will be required to send a high-resolution image (of not less than 3000 pixels on the longer side or not less than 160 DPI for odd sized images) within 3 days of notification of award. We request entrants not to submit pictures that cannot comply with this requirement.
- The judging and display software operates in and assumes that the images are in sRGBcolor space. Images will be displayed on a projector or LCD Display using the sRGBcolorspace. If you use a largercolor space (such as Adobe 1998 or ProPhoto), the photosmay not display the colors you intended; it may lose color or detail or both. Convert your photos to sRGBcolor space before submitting.YPS will not convert the image.
- Uploads with your name in the Title or File Name will not be considered for judging.
- The Photographs uploaded should not contain Title or Name or Watermark of any kind or any other form of identification on the face of the image.
- It is the responsibility of the participants to upload the photographs under the correct section. Photographs not matching the section under which they are uploaded will not be considered for the contest. If in doubt, please refer to the definition of the categories provided below.
- Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) captured by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his/her own (aliases and proxies are not permitted).
- The entrant permits Youth Photographic Society to reproduce all or part of any of the photographs entered for the contest free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to any activities of Youth Photographic Society.Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “may not be eligible” for awards or for inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification by Youth Photographic Society.”
- The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright.
- Only entries submitted through this website will be considered for the contest. Photographs received through emails or other means will not be considered for the contest.
- While filling up the entry form, enter Full Image Title and your Name and Surname as you want them to appear in the publications, cheques and certificates. Each image must have a unique title. Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part of or as allof an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames or titles consisting of only numbers.An active Email is required for registration. It is also mandatory to provide valid contact number.
- All final work must be on electronic file.
- There are no restrictions as to subject matter except as outlined in the rules and definitions of specific sections, or specified by law in the country where the exhibition is held.
- Except for the restrictions on Nature images described in the Nature definition, images may be altered, either digitally or otherwise, by the entrant. Images may not be constructed entirely with a computer. In the case of composite images created from multiple photographs, all photographic components used in the composite-image must have been photographed by the entrant and the entrant must hold copyright for all the components included in the picture.
- Judging results, including images and names of entrants, will be published on this web-site and the entrants will also be individually notified through email.
- Participants are requested to upload their entries well ahead of time to avoid last minute rush. Late entries will not be entertained.
- The decision of the Panel of Judges is final and binding, no further appeal will be entertained.
- Youth Photographic Society will issue a Digital Exhibition Catalog to all entrants. No printed catalogs will be provided.
- The Fees and dates information is available on this website.
- A picture submitted under NATURE or TRAVEL sections may also be submitted under COLOR or MONOCHROME section and vice-versa.
- A picture submitted under MONOCHROME section cannot be submitted under COLOR and vice-versa.
PSA Terms and Conditions
The following rules shall apply for photographs to be considered for Star Awards recognized by Photographic Society of America:
- Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image,
At the time of entry the entrant must specify if an entry has already been accepted in a previous PSA recognized exhibition.
All entrants must provide name and country data exactly in the same way in each PSA Recognized Exhibition entered to receive proper credit.
All acceptance eligibility shall be in accordance with the requirements related to PID/ND/PTD Star Ratings as appropriate.
- May not be re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
- May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition.
FIAP Terms and Conditions
In addition to the other terms and conditions, the entrants must comply with the Terms and Conditions stipulated by FIAP.
- Each entrant must observe the rules of FIAP.
- Each author whose image shows any suspicions about the compliance with FIAP regulations or definitions can be requested by the organiser or by FIAP, to submit the original file (file containing the data recorded by the sensor, if so, the RAW file) plus the file of the image immediately before and immediately following the questionable image. If he/she failed to provide what is required, he/she can be sanctioned.
- The names of sanctioned entrants are put on a list, which is sent to the organisers of FIAP salons. Their participation in any event of FIAP is restricted or banned depending on the case. Neither can they be appointed as judges of FIAP salons, nor participate in a salon under FIAP patronage, nor organise a salon with FIAP patronage, nor apply for FIAP distinctions and they lose the right to use FIAP distinctions they have formerly received.
- IMPORTANT: Concerning digital entries, FIAP recommends that authors should preserve intact, with no alteration, the original metadata of images. In case of contestation for incompliance with FIAP regulations the fact of not being able to access this important data could mean that the author could be sanctioned.
- Persons who are found guilty of plagiarism are excluded lifelong from FIAP activities.
- By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection the following terms:
As mentioned in II.2) it is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
- That the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP,
- That FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking,
- That any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP,
- That in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules.
Non-compliance with Terms and Conditions
- If the exhibition determines before, during, or after the judging that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the Salon Committee reserves the right and discretion to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards. Fees may be forfeited in these circumstances.
- In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition may carry out checks on the images to make sure that:
This may involve asking the entrant to provide originally captured image(s), with EXIF data intact, by a set deadline. The questioned image(s) of any entrant failing to comply with such a request for the original image(s) may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations. PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP.
Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition.
- The images are the original work of the entrant and
- The images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.